IT HIPAA Compliance in San Diego
Are you looking for IT HIPAA compliance in San Diego?
Failing to align the IT infrastructure of your healthcare business as per HIPAA can have severe consequences
That’s where we come in.
San Diego IT Support can help you make sure your healthcare business is in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Read on to learn more about our services.
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA refers to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It was introduced in 1996 and provides a set of standards for administering healthcare and protecting sensitive patient data.
Why Do You Need IT HIPAA Compliance In San Diego?
According to HIPAA, all organizations dealing with protected health information (PHI) need to make sure that they have the necessary security practices in place for operating their information technology assets in a safe and secure manner. This is essential for protecting patient data from external threats.
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) also states that all information technology assets that are utilized by your healthcare business must meet certain standards set by the government.
San Diego IT Support can help you make sure your IT infrastructure complies with these regulations. We have the knowledge and resources available to make sure your healthcare services are HIPAA compliant.
How Can You Make Sure Your Healthcare Business Is HIPAA Compliant?
Here are a few things you need to ensure IT HIPAA Compliance in San Diego:
- Documentation describing policies and procedures for compliance (must be valid for at least 6 years)
- Documentation attesting to Eligible Professional Meaningful Use of IT assets
- Security documents for all resources used to access, communicate, maintain, and store patient information and other vital information related to your healthcare business. This includes detailed information regarding healthcare equipment and maintaining security.
- Documentation describing emergency response plans, disaster recovery plans, and risk mitigation plans. All plans must have been tested in advance to ensure viability.
- Documents for system access detailing information of authorized personnel. You will also need documentation describing how you monitor, review, and improve your IT systems to ensure continued security.
- Documentation describing a compliance reporting system for your healthcare business.
Remember, if you fail to ensure IT HIPAA Compliance, you will have to pay a penalty. This can amount to $1.5 million in the case of a serious violation. You may also face up to 5 years in prison for a criminal violation. A violation of HIPAA regulations can result in significant civil liabilities, as well.
Get In Touch With Us Today
San Diego IT Support can help you navigate the various stipulations attached to IT HIPAA Compliance. We can assist you in making sure you have all the necessary documentation in place to comply with HIPAA. We can also provide you with managed IT solutions that can help you maintain network and system security to protect sensitive patient data.
With our help, you can utilize all your IT resources in a productive and cost-efficient manner and become fully HIPAA compliant.
Get in touch with us to learn more about IT HIPAA Compliance in San Diego and how we can help your healthcare business.